The Rideau Environmental Action League is a not for profit, charitable organizations with goals and objectives they want to reach. These goals can’t be reached without the help of quality, dedicated volunteers who want to make a difference in their community.
- Studies reveal volunteering helps ward off dementia
- To be the change you wish to see in the world
- When you volunteer, you make a statement about the kind of community you want to live in
- You can expand your networking opportunities
- Give back to your community
- It feels good
- You can make a difference by volunteering
- Learn new skills, gain new experience
- Share your talents with those who can benefit from them
- Boost your health
- Reduce your stress
- Give your life meaning
- Develop communication and coping skills
- Support a cause.
- Do something meaningful with your friends and colleagues.
- Volunteers are happier people
- Volunteering is a means by which Canadians express ideals
- Volunteer involvement strengthens communities
Top Ten Reasons to Volunteer with the REAL Volunteers
10. Your mom would be proud of you.
9. Your family could use a break from you.
8. You might need help yourself some day.
7. To change the world
6. Volunteering promotes good health
5. When you stay home you get too many telemarketing calls.
4. The car needs a workout.
3. Soap operas all sound alike.
2. It’s hard to win a game of solitaire.
1. If you don’t go out each day, you get old.
Submitted by and Source: Joy Pople, Baldwinsville Volunteer Center,Baldwinsville NY