REAL’s annual Local Foods Harvest Dinner is event you won’t want to miss. Besides being a chance to sample the wide range of foods Lanark, Leeds and Grenville has to offer, we will be celebrating our local non-profit’s 30th anniversary. If you have been involved in REAL in any way – as a member, a supporter, staff or volunteer, a board member, have participated in a program or just enjoy following our progress, we would love for you to attend. Put together a table of friends, as it will be fun for everyone. This dinner is also our big fundraiser for the year, and is chance to show your support for environmental action in our community.
Joanne Edwards has planned a wonderful fall feast for us. In the social hours leading up to the meal, enjoy some local food appetizers and a non-alchoholic beverage, or have some local beers and Ontario wines from the cash bar. Musical entertainment will be by The Tritones, thanks to support from Smiths Falls On the Roll. An extensive silent auction rounds out the evening and will include three hand painted rain barrels by local artists.
Tickets are $60, and we offer an early bird ticket price of $55 before September 22. Tickets qualify for a $20 charitable receipt. Get your tickets at Modern Thymes, the REAL Deal Store, or contact Cathryn at 283-9819.
Besides purchasing a ticket, there are many ways you can contribute to the success of this event:
- tell everyone you know, share our emails and Facebook posts
- put up a poster somewhere you hang out (place of work, church, the gym etc.)
- suggest other promotional avenues
- become a sponsor at the $50, $100, $150 or $250 level
- suggest a sponsor (perhaps a new business) we haven’t approached before
- suggest to your workplace that this would be a great get-together for staff instead of doing a Christmas event in an already over-booked season
- contribute something to the silent auction: an article, gift certificate (gardening, housecleaning, computer lessons) or hand made item (edibles, a wreath, a bird feeder) would be great
- volunteer to help with preparations or the weekend of: pickup and deliver things, arrange tables, put up posters etc.)
Use our contact us form, and your offer of assistance will be passed on to the appropriate person on the committee.