The Rideau Environmental Action League is a not for profit, charitable organizations with goals and objectives they want to reach. These goals can't be reached without the help of quality, dedicated volunteers who want to make a difference in their community.
For more information on the goals and mandate of the Rideau Environmental Action League go to Get to Know US.
- Studies reveal volunteering helps ward off dementia
- To be the change you wish to see in the world
- When you volunteer, you make a statement about the kind of community you want to live in
- You can expand your networking opportunities
- Give back to your community
- It feels good
- You can make a difference by volunteering
- Learn new skills, gain new experience
- Share your talents with those who can benefit from them
- Boost your health
- Reduce your stress
- Give your life meaning
- Develop communication and coping skills
- Support a cause.
- Do something meaningful with your friends and colleagues.
- Volunteers are happier people
- Volunteering is a means by which Canadians express ideals
- Volunteer involvement strengthens communities
Top Ten Reasons to Volunteer with the REAL Volunteers
- 10. Your mom would be proud of you.
- 9. Your family could use a break from you.
- 8. You might need help yourself some day.
- 7. To change the world
- 6. Volunteering promotes good health
- 5. When you stay home you get too many telemarketing calls.
- 4. The car needs a workout.
- 3. Soap operas all sound alike.
- 2. It's hard to win a game of solitaire.
- 1. If you don't go out each day, you get old.
Submitted by and Source: Joy Pople, Baldwinsville Volunteer Center,Baldwinsville NY