|June 1, 2021. Enbridge has declared that home energy assessments associated with their program can resume beginning Thursday, June 3. If you had already booked an audit , Alan Leonard will be in touch with you.|
Effective May 1, 2019 this program has become the Home Efficiency Rebate Program.
On Jan. 1, 2019, Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc. and Union Gas Limited amalgamated to form Enbridge Gas Inc. With the amalgamation, the Home Energy Conservation program and the Home Reno Rebate program previously offered have been merged into one program.
Natural Gas customers can receive up to $5,000 in rebates for making energy efficiency upgrades to their homes.
The program requires an initial and final home energy audit, which REAL can arrange through our Registered Energy Advisor, Alan Leonard. The homeowner must complete a minimum of two upgrades. All work and final assessments must be completed within 120 days of the initial assessment. The program will be continuing into 2020. Read more details, then contact Alan at (613) 864-3099 to arrange your home energy assessment. Read the Enbridge information sheet.
- Own a detached or semi-detached house, mobile home (with permanent foundation), or row townhouse
- Heat your home with a natural gas furnace or boiler
- Complete home assessments with a Registered Energy Advisor (REA) before and after upgrades are made
- Install two or more qualifying upgrades
Please note that in order to qualify:
- Do not start or complete any energy efficiency upgrades on your home before you begin the process.
- If you have a newer home, e.g 1990 or newer, your house is already more energy efficient and is not likely to qualify.