Here is a quick rundown on what we did in previous anniversary years.
10th Anniversary (1999):
- We did a special 10th anniversary supplement to the newsletter.
- Planted an oak tree on Evergreen Avenue.
- REAL provided a letter and photos to go in the time capsule buried at the site of the (then) new high school in September.
- Special banner on newsletter “Celebrating 20 Years of Environmental Achievement”
- Same banner on website
- Wine and cheese media event in spring at Rideau Canal Museum
- Birthday cake and musical presentation at park during Chocolate and RR Festival
- First local foods dinner Oct. at Lombardy Hall, catered by Kieth Drummond
- Coincidentally that year REAL made the list of top ten finalists for Earth Day Canada’ Hometown Heroes award
- .25 cent fall yard sale at REAL Deal store
- Stone placed on Evergreen Avenue with inscription “REAL 20 Years 2009”
- Special newsletter banner “25 Years of Environmental Action”
- Used same catchphrase on website banner
- First set of 10 $250 REAL Action Grants
- Promotional video by Arranel Studios
- free screening of “Watermark” documentary
30th Anniversary (2019)
- Send your ideas to [email protected].