It was announced May 19 that the Stay-at-Home order would be extended to at least June 2.
- REAL Deal. The REAL Deal Store is closed to the public. We will be checking our messages frequently. Call (613) 283-7999 or email Dan, the Store Manager, email@example.com. Please hang on to any donations until we reopen – please do not leave anything at the gate.
- Home Energy. All home energy assessments are on hold. Contact Alan if you had one booked.
- Pitch In Smiths Falls. The annual cleanup has been postponed until after May 20. If you want to talk possible locations, or even take a shoreline location, contact Jake.
- Radon Meter Lending. Suspended for now. Contact Katie to be on this list for when we are rolling again.
- Depave Paradise. We are now aiming for pavement removal from Daniel Street Sat. June 5. If you have volunteered already, we will be in touch, if you haven’t and would like to help, contact Katie. The planting will happen another day, tentatively June 12.
These activities are unchanged for now:
- Community Garden. Gardeners who have registered and paid for plots may access the property. The gate will be locked, so please park outside of it in a way that will permit another vehicle to do the same. Please check the guidelines established by the Health Unit before heading over. The are posted on our community garden page.
- Rain Barrels. Please continue to place your orders online at rainbarrel.ca/realdeal. We don’t anticipate a problem with the Sat. May 29 pick up day.
- Trinity Compost Sale. The Trinity United Church’s mushroom compost sale has been advanced to Sat. May 22. They are selling 30L bags of mushroom compost from our parking lot. Preordering not necessary.
- Making a Butterfly Garden. The next J2S presentation will be by our Monarch Garden Team on Wed June. 16.
- Donating Tools. We are still welcoming donations of gently used tools. Contact Nancy or Bill, who will be happy to pick them up.
Any other concerns, please get in touch. Please stay home and stay safe.Contact Us